Today I tackle the Venetian and Palazzo’s Club Grazie players club.
Like many players clubs, Club Grazie does give you some perks just for signing up. They also let you earn comps and improve your tier status through room charges. Unlike most modern players clubs, they do not give you points for table games or poker. They do give you comps for table games and poker, it just gets tracked differently. That practice was standard across Las Vegas until a few years ago. It is worth noting that even though table game based comps are tracked differently, they can still be banked for a year and saved for future trips.
Earning Points and Slot Credits:
Grazie lets you earn Slot Reward and Status Points as well as giving you a direct rebate on your play in the form of Slot Credits.
The rules for earning points and credits are very straight-forward, but it isn’t as easy to calculate what you should be getting as it is with other players clubs.
Club Grazie points are not based upon your coin-in. They are based upon the Venetian’s theoretical win (aka Theo) from your action. That means that $100 coin-in on one slot machine may not give you the same comp value or tier boost as $100 coin-in on another slot machine. They also give you a higher percentage back if you have a higher tier.
Grazie Level players (the basic card) get 6% of the theoretical loss from their slot and video poker play back in the form of slot credits.
Gold Level players get 9% back. Platinum Level players get 12% back.
Here are 2 charts to illustrate this.
|Coin-in||93% Theo of average slot machine||Grazie: 6% of Theo||Gold: 9% of Theo||Platinum: 12% of Theo|
|Coin-in||98% Theo from some Video Poker machines||Grazie: 6% of Theo||Gold: 9% of Theo||Platinum: 12% of Theo|
In the example, $100 coin-in on a typical slot machine nets you $0.42 in slot credits if you are a Grazie level player. It gets you $0.63 in slot credits if you are a Gold level player.
As you can see, playing a slot machine where the house keeps more of your coin-in gives you better comps than a game with a lower house edge. In order to reach Gold status (which requires 20,000 Status Points) it would take about $30,000 coin in for a 93% Theo slot machine or $100,000 coin-in on a 98% Theo machine.
Slot Reward and Status Points are calculated based upon the Theo.
Grazie level players get 10 Slot Reward and Status Points per dollar of Theo.
Gold level players get 15 points per dollar. Platinum players get 20 points per dollar.
$100 coin-in to the 93% Theo machine above gives you 70 Slot Reward Points and 70 Status Points as a Grazie Level player, but it gets you 140 Points for each as a Platinum Level player.
You also earn Status Points for room charges. At the Grazie level you get 5 Status Points per dollar spent. Gold and Platinum give you 20 Status points per dollar. You do not earn Slot Reward points for purchases.
2500 Slot Rewards Points can be redeemed for either $15 in Slot Credits or Resort Credits. This is done in 2500 point increments and must be done at the Grazie players club desk. The Slot Credits you earn directly from your slot play can be redeemed directly through a slot machine.
Grazie has 3 tiers. Here are the tiers, their requirements and benefits:
Grazie Level (base level, free):
- Save up to 30% on car rentals from AVIS
- Access to VIP line – Grand Lux Cafe at The Venetian and Grand Lux Cafe at The Palazzo (Max of 6 guests per party)
- 5% discount on Wedding Ceremony Packages at The Venetian/Palazzo
- 5% discount on Canyon Ranch SpaClub services
- Complimentary Grand Canal Shoppes® Passaporto available at Apothecary at The Palazzo
- $8 off Madame Tussauds’ admission price
Gold Level (20,000 Status Points annually):
- All Grazie Level benefits
- Complimentary suite upgrade
- Complimentary Shuttle pick-up/drop-off from McCarran International Airport
- Guaranteed suite availability with 72 hours notice
- The Venetian Gold Club Lounge access
- 10% discount on Wedding Ceremony Packages at The Venetian/Palazzo
- 10% discount on Canyon Ranch SpaClub services
- Invited Guest Early Check-in and special Check-in desk
- Late Check-out (noon)
- TAO Beach – Line pass and complimentary entry for member and guest (Fri – Sun)
- TAO Beach – Daybed rental with $100 Food & Beverage purchase (Mon – Fri)
- TAO & LAVO Nightclubs – Line pass and complimentary entry for member and guest
- Priority valet service
- Priority show and restaurant reservations
- 10% off select items at The Venetian and Palazzo-owned retail shops
- 20% discount on Gondola ride tickets
- Accelerated Point earning
Platinum Level (175,000 Status Points annually):
- All Gold Level benefits
- VIP Early Check-in and special Check-in desk
- Complimentary Limo pick-up/drop-off from McCarran International Airport
- Guaranteed suite availability with 24 hour notice
- 15% discount on Wedding Ceremony Packages at The Venetian/Palazzo
- 20% discount on Canyon Ranch SpaClub services
- Late Check-out (3pm)
- TAO & LAVO Nightclubs – Complimentary bottle of champagne with table reservation and purchase of two or more bottles
- Accelerated Point earning
You can contact a Grazie Loyalty Program representative at
877-2GRAZIE (877-247-2943) or 702-414-4116